The customizable workshop structure is divided into two tracks. There are five modules within each track. Therefore, your teams and organization can mix and match the modules that most closely address the objectives and challenges faced.
Effective Listening & Communication Modules
- Understanding Our Comfort Zone – Our comfort zone is not necessarily a real place even if it often feels that way. It’s most likely a state of mind where we feel secure and in control. How does our comfort zone impact the results of our communication with colleagues as well as in a business presentation setting?
- The Power of Listening – Effective communicators have a more highly developed sense of listening. The more we listen to others, the greater their listening of us. How do different ways of listening impact the effectiveness of our communications?
- The Feedback Loop – How frequently is feedback delivered in a manner that is intended to be constructive yet lands with different results? Why do people giving feedback sometimes feel guilty while those on the receiving end feel attacked? Far too often, results do not align with goals. It doesn’t have to work that way.
- Works/Doesn’t Work – In business, when people see a technique or style lead to success for one person, they reasonably assume it will work for them. In reality, we are individuals – one size does not fit all. Discovering what works for you is enormously powerful and can be a game changer.
- What Is Said vs. What Is Meant – Some people are quite direct in their communication. Others are more circumspect, whether intentional or not. When information flow more closely aligns with the intended meaning, the desired outcome increases in probability. Say what you mean and mean what you say.
Effective Storytelling & Presentation Modules
- The History of Storytelling – The combination of language and technology forms the basis for storytelling. It distinguishes our species from all others. How has it evolved over thousands of years to the present day? What can we learn from this fascinating evolution of technological history?
- How/Why Stories Impact Sales – Salespeople are often told to communicate “just the facts” or “get to the point.” However, adding well-formed, brief anecdotes can personalize the connection and make the difference between a deal or no deal.
- The Storytelling Narrative – Humans are storytellers. We dream and socialize through stories. A well-told story can be a highly effective tool in a business environment. What are the fundamental elements of this form of narrative? How does it impact the listener?
- The Art & Science of Storytelling – What makes an effective story? Why do stories fail? There are many methodologies to formulate a story for business. One path does not exist for everyone. We explore multiple frameworks and provide participants with a foundation so they can customize it for their specific use cases. .
- Presenting to Groups – Presenting to a group is a far different experience than a one-on-one dialogue for both the speaker and listener. Attention spans are impacted by the dynamics in the space and can change in a moment. How you present can mean the difference between success and failure.
All workshops incorporate hands-on exercises. You can add presentation practice as an optional module.
- Hands-on Exercises – Throughout the workshop, participants actively collaborate in teams and as a cohort. Everyone is engaged to discuss the topic and to debate possible solutions. As a result, your team will learn by considering various points of view.
- Presentation Practice – Working in randomly selected teams, your participants are given a defined set of resources to develop a short presentation. They present to other teams as well as the entire cohort. Listeners are coached to provide specific types of feedback so the presenters can experience (and discuss) their reactions.
“Thank you for this workshop. I did learn a lot and feel I can use this in my day-to-day job“
Effective Business Storytelling is a hands-on, customizable, modular workshop. It can run as a half-day, full-day, or two-day activity, on-site or off-site. It can also be designed as a weekly seminar across X weeks over Zoom. Optionally, a customized PowerPoint or Excel course can be added for those who would benefit. To learn more…
“Your customers feel before they think”
— Dan Hill