(effective Sept 21, 2020)
My Software Tutor acknowledges the importance of Your data. We are committed to helping You protect it. This policy sets out the practices for Our business relationship with You including (but not limited to) Your course registrations, the MST web site and Services We offer.
- “Terms” refers to the Terms of Service contained in this document
- “You” and “Your” collectively refers to you as an individual or your Employees who have Ordered Services and Products from My Software Tutor.
- “MST”, “Us“, “We” and “Our” refers to Deep Sports, Inc. d/b/a My Software Tutor including but not limited to its employees, officers, directors, contractors, agents and affiliates including authorized distributors of the MST Services and/or Products.
- “Services” refers to public and private instructor-led group and individual training and live virtual course education services.
- “Products” refers to the courseware, curriculum, toolkits, program documentation, materials and other related products owned or distributed by MST in conjunction with the Services You have ordered.
- “Order” refers to the specific Services You contract to receive from Us.
- An “Employee” is defined as (i) all of Your full-time, part-time or temporary current or former employees on behalf of whom You are engaging with MST to utilize our Services, and (ii) all of Your agents, contractors and consultants who have access to, use, or are tracked by the MST program to which the applicable Services and Products relate. The quantity of the licenses required is determined by either (i) the actual number of users or (ii) the number of employees based on the Terms of our Agreement.
- “MST Marks” refers to trademarks, service marks, logos, images, videos and other proprietary materials owned or controlled by My Software Tutor.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION: MST may receive Your data in many ways such as through Your inquiries, business meetings, course registrations and via Your participation in Our Services.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT: Except as explained in this notice below regarding a Change of Ownership or Business Transaction, We do not sell or rent Your information to anyone without Your prior knowledge and consent and will remove it upon Your request via an approved method as listed in “How You Can Access Your Data.”
The categories of personally identifiable information (PII) or personal data, also known as identifiers as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA), collected by Us in connection with the Services, includes the following:
- Your first and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Postal address
- Your IP Address, geolocation information based upon that IP Address, and time zone
- Operating system
- Browser type
- Session logs
- The date and time of Your visit, along with the time You spend visiting Our website
- Your behaviors and preferences in browsing Our website or using Our Services
The following additional information may be collected on the mobile platform:
- Mobile device operating system version and hardware model
- Network information such as network type and carrier
- Browser type
- Mobile phone #
We may also collect non-personal data about You using cookies. These are small text files created by a web server, delivered through Your browser, and stored on Your device. Please read Our “Cookies, Online Tracking, and Similar Technology” section for further details.
How and When Your Information Is Gathered: We collect this information under the following circumstances:
- You agree to allow third-party sites to share Your contact information with Us
- You communicate with Us regarding our Services and/or Products
- You subscribe to Our mailing list and/or newsletters
- You purchase our Services and when You access and use Our websites
- We conduct our administrative and business functions about Your use of Our site
- You complete a job application or send in a resume for an available job
Why We Collect Data: We collect Your personal data for certain legitimate business purposes, such as (but not limited to) the ones listed below:
- To establish, maintain, and manage Our business relationships
- To provide technical and customer support for the Services We provide
- Where the processing enables Us to enhance, modify, personalize, or otherwise improve Our Services and communications for the benefit of Our customers
- Process and respond to privacy concerns or complaints
- To enhance the security of Our network and information systems
- To better understand how visitors interact with Our Services
- To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising
- To determine suitability for an open job posting
Reuse of Personal Information: We will not reuse Your personal data for a new purpose other than the original one(s) for which it was collected, unless one or more of the following apply:
- The new use is compatible with the original one, meaning You should reasonably expect a similar use
- We have notified You of the new use and given You an opportunity to object to it; or
- The new use is otherwise permitted or required by law.
Retention, Destruction, and Disclosure of Personal Data: We retain Your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or for the reasons (or similar reasons) listed below:
- To protect the rights and safety of Our customers and third parties, as well as Our own rights and safety
- To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help Us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements
- To prosecute or defend a court, arbitration, or any other legal proceeding
- To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements
- We are under a legal, contractual, or other obligation to retain personal data pursuant to data retention laws, as part of an investigation or for litigation purposes
- If You have consented to Us retaining Your personal data for a longer period, We will retain that data in line with Your consent
THIRD PARTY DATA DISCLOSURE: If We must Your disclose data to a third party, We will do so only under the following circumstances:
- We are required to do so by law, court order or legal process
- In response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements
- Under the discovery process in litigation
- To enforce Our policies or contracts
- To collect amounts owed to Us
- When We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity
- If We believe, in good faith, that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable
- From time to time, server logs may be reviewed for security purposes including, for example, to detect unauthorized activity on the Services. In such cases, server log data containing Personal Data may be shared with law enforcement bodies so that they may identify users in connection with their investigation of the unauthorized activities.
Cookies, Online Tracking, and Similar Technology: To make Our websites and Services operate properly, We may place small data files called cookies on Your device (or the device of Your Employees who utilize Our Services). A cookie is a small individualized text file that a website saves on a computer or mobile device when someone visits a site. It enables Our website to remember actions and preferences (such as language, font size and other display preferences) over time, so You do not have to keep re-entering them whenever You come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
Our Services also contain cookie technology from third party analytics providers such as Google Analytics. These providers collect information about Your online activities across Our websites to help Us compile aggregated statistics about the effectiveness of marketing campaigns or other business operations. We use the data gathered by the cookies to assist Us in the following business processes:
- Improving Your browsing experience
- Customizing Our interactions with You
- Storing and managing Your preferences and settings
- Compiling statistical data
- Analyzing the performance and usability of Our Services
- Measuring website traffic patterns
- Determining which areas of Our website has been visited
We are committed to providing You with meaningful choices about the information collected by the use of Our Services, However, Our Services may not recognize or respond to Your browser initiated Do Not Track signals or other similar tracking mechanisms unrelated to cookies. You may opt out of all marketing from Us by reaching out to MST privacy email address.
Data Security and Integrity: We take precautions to protect Your information. Wherever We collect information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to Us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for the closed lock in Your browser (usually found in the address bar). You can also see the “https” at the beginning of the web address. However, please note that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
limited data Transfer to third parties: We do not sell or rent any information We hold to any third-party without Your prior knowledge and consent. Notwithstanding the above, We reserve the right to transfer data to Our agents, subsidiaries and/or third-party service providers to provide Services to You or perform activities on MST’s behalf and only for a purpose which is consistent with this notice.
How You Can Access Your Data: If You wish to correct, update, block, or delete personal data which We maintain, please send an email to the MST privacy email address. California consumers also have additional rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA), which is discussed in more detail below. We will respond to Your request within thirty (30) days from the receipt of Your request. We may ask You to verify Your identity before we can process Your request. If Your request is denied, We will explain why in a written response.
Links to third party websites: Our website may contain links to sites and/or applications operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third-party site or application and We are not responsible for any third-party content or privacy statements. Your use of such sites and applications is subject to the relevant third-party privacy notices.
Change of Ownership or Business Transition: Should We have any change to Our business, such as a merger, acquisition, or sale of Our company, Your personal information as We have it stored may be transferred in accordance with applicable privacy laws. In the event of a business change as described, We may disclose yYur data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, subject to their entering into appropriate confidentiality documentation (such as a non-disclosure agreements) prior to the effective date of said change.
Children’s Privacy: The Services provided by Us are not directed to children under the age of 13, and We do not knowingly collect any information from anyone under the age of 13. We recommend that persons over the age of 13 but under 18 years of age seek parental permission before using any of the Services We provide or prior to sending any information about themselves to anyone over the internet.
Your California Privacy Rights: Under the CCPA, as well as the “Shine the Light” law (California Civil Code Section 1798.83), if You are a California resident You are given additional rights in addition to those referenced above. You have the right to request Us to disclose, up to two (2) times in a twelve (12) month cycle, the specific pieces of personal information We have collected about You. You may also request that We send you information regarding the disclosure of Your personal information to third parties for the third-party direct marketing. We will make all reasonable commercial efforts to disclose the information to You within thirty (30) days of receiving and validating Your request. In the event that We require more time, We will notify You of Our need for an extension. To make such a request, please email the MST privacy email address. You may also request that We delete Your personal information via these methods, subject to certain exceptions. Once Your request is received and validated, We will delete your information.
According to California law, personal information does not include publicly available information from government records or de-identified or aggregated consumer information. We do not request or hold any data such as gender or age in order to provide Our Services to any individual or company to whom We provide Our Services. These types of data are a protected classification under California and federal law.
“Everyone shines given the right lighting”
— Susan Cain