You Can Impact People’s Lives & Careers
The mission of My Software Tutor is to support learners who seek practical, functional, business-centric skills. We teach entry-level, business-centric Microsoft Office skills (Excel & PPT) in a live, Zoom-based environment. This knowledge is becoming ever more critical to market oneself in pursuit of career opportunities that would not otherwise be available.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference in people’s lives by helping to “turn on their lightbulb.” If this vision speaks to you and you are ready to make a difference in people’s lives, we’d like to hear from you. Please send us your resume and cover letter telling us what you bring to the table and why you want to join our team.
Spring/Summer 2021 Internships
MST is seeking entrepreneurially minded students for the Spring and Summer 2021 semesters. The nature of a startup is one of meaningful discovery and a recognizable degree of uncertainty (aka less structure). The role is ideal for someone who finds this type of environment challenging & stimulating. You seek broad, diverse exposure as a company is built from the ground up. It is not for someone who wants to be given explicit direction how to accomplish a task and/or fit into an established hierarchical structure.
Synchronous vs Asynchronous Learning
Most eLearning today is done on an asynchronous, location independent basis meaning students study the material (often in modules) at their own pace across different times and locations. Synchronous learning refers to live teaching environments where a group of students are engaged simultaneously. A materially large subset of all learners prefer synchronous learning primarily so they can interact with an instructor in real time.
My Software Tutor has developed a robust, effective teaching methodology for synchronous learning. We provide a powerful foundation to facilitate learning. Our learners get it – real-world, productive functionality. Read what they’ve had to say.
Intern Roles & Responsibilities
The four core elements of our business are Live Training, Operations, Business Development & Marketing. You will have the opportunity to touch many of these focal points as the company evolves and grows. Each internship targets two of these areas while supporting the other areas of responsibility.
The most important intern attributes are reliability, maturity, effective communication & commitment. Say it, mean it, do it.
While each intern will naturally have her/his own unique set of learning experiences, these are the primary takeaways shared by our current interns:
- Research, develop and present recommendations for processes that bring additional efficiencies to our operations.
- Navigate the different types of customer acquisition tools (B2B and B2C) to ensure the company will be adjusting and meeting each target’s specific needs.
- Develop an entrepreneurial mindset and ability to think outside the box.
- Learn enhanced skills in Microsoft Office programs as well as expanded knowledge of other software.
- Explore how effectively use the Zoom meeting platform to engage people for online learning.
- The company is based in Los Angeles and operates 100% virtual. Slack and Zoom are our primary internal communication tools.
- Hours are not consistent week to week. They are based on the schedule of training sessions, company deliverables and your class schedule. This is consistent with how startups operate.
- Internships are currently unpaid but could convert to paid internships in the future with company success.
- Internships are available to grad and undergrad students.
“Small learning develops in to massive learning over time. If you consciously learned one new thing each day, over time it would become a way of life for you”
— Catherine Pulsifer