Improve Communication & Presentations
MST produces customizable, modular, on-site/off-site workshops for teams and organizations. This powerful resource, for both internal & external-facing teams, will impact your bottom line through more productive communication and improved expression of core value proposition(s). Whether executed as a half, full or multi-day experience, on-site or off-site, mix and match the topics that most effectively align with the challenges faced by your team.
Our unique, active-engagement, teaching methodology encourages participants to focus on their individual and team professional challenges. This materially increases the likelihood that they will develop new skills and habits that align with their own capabilities. MST does not espouse a specific philosophy or dogma. Rather, we facilitate learning so participants can figure out what works best for them.
Effective Communication Modules
To operate any business productively, it is mission-critical for team members to listen efficiently and integrate stories effectively. The reality is these communication skills are lacking in many people. The good news is old habits can be broken.
Our Effective Communication Workshops demonstrate how elevated listening will materially impact business dialogue. The more someone feels heard, the greater likelihood they will elevate their listening. However, someone has to take the lead. When this works in both directions, everyone wins.
Effective Storytelling Modules
The most effective presenters are often those that communicate a clear, compelling story. Your objective may be to close a sale, communicate information or facilitate dialogue. However, when it comes to presentation methodology, one size does not fit all. We are individuals, not robots. The presentation style used by Carter or Emily may or may not work for Susan or Antonio.
Throughout the business world, we are challenged to live in an ADD-infused world. People want information faster and in smaller bites. Amid all the distractions and noise, how can you increase the odds to grab and hold your audience’s attention? Our Presentation Modules will help you find the answer. Scroll down to learn more about these modules.
|“Your candor was very instructive and helpful to learn more about what I need to do. Your patience and detail were also appreciated. I could see others feeling the same way as you helped each of them.”||“Thank you so much for your patience and encouragement. You are a gifted teacher and present content in a way that is understandable and tailored to meet each person’s needs.“|
The workshop structure is divided into two tracks – Effective Communication and Effective Storytelling. There are five modules within each track. Teams and organizations select the modules that most closely address the objectives and challenges they face.
Effective Communication Modules
- Understanding Our Comfort Zone – Our comfort zone is not necessarily a real place even if it often feels that way. It’s most likely a state of mind where we feel secure and in control. How does our comfort zone impact the results of our communication with colleagues as well as in a business presentation setting?
- The Power of Listening – Effective presenters have a highly developed sense of listening. The more we listen to others, the greater their listening of us. How do different ways of listening impact the effectiveness of our communications?
- The Feedback Loop – How frequently is feedback delivered in a manner that is intended to be constructive yet lands with different results? Why do people giving feedback sometimes feel guilty while those on the receiving end feel attacked? Far too often, results do not align with goals. It doesn’t have to work that way.
- Works/Doesn’t Work – What’s good for the goose is not necessarily good for the gander. This module explores communication techniques that have worked and not worked for the participants. What was the anticipated response? Did this align with what actually happened? What could have been done differently?
- What Is Said vs. What Is Meant – Some people are quite direct. Others are more circumspect. The more our communication aligns with the intended meaning, the greater the likelihood our desired outcome will occur.
Effective Storytelling Modules
- The History of Storytelling – The use of language and platform forms the basis for storytelling. It distinguishes our species from all others. How has it evolved over millions of years to bring this art form into the present day? What can we learn from this fascinating evolution of history?
- How/Why Stories Impact Sales – Salespeople are often told to communicate “just the facts” or “get to the point.” However, adding well-formed, brief anecdotes can personalize the connection and make the difference between a deal or no deal.
- The Storytelling Narrative – What are the fundamental elements of a narrative? Why is this important? How does it impact the listener?
- The Art & Science of Storytelling – There are many methodologies to formulate a story for business. One path does not exist for everyone. We explore multiple methodologies so participants can identify one (or more) with which they identify.
- Presenting to Groups – Presenting to a group is a far different experience than a one-on-one dialogue for both the speaker and listener. Attention spans are impacted by the dynamics in the space and can change in a moment. How you prepare can mean the difference between success and failure.
All workshops incorporate hands-on exercises. Presentation practice can be added as an optional module.
- Hands-on Exercises – Throughout the workshop, participants actively collaborate in teams and as a cohort. Everyone is engaged to discuss the topic and debate possible solutions. Learning often comes from considering various points of view.
- Presentation Practice – Working in randomly selected teams, participants are given a defined set of resources to develop a short presentation. They present to other teams as well as the entire cohort. Listeners are coached to provide specific types of feedback so the presenters can experience (and discuss) their reactions.
“Thank you for this workshop. I did learn a lot and feel I can use this in my day-to-day job“
Effective Business Storytelling is a hands-on, customizable, modular workshop. It can run as a half-day, full-day, or two-day activity, on-site or off-site. It can also be designed as a weekly seminar across X weeks over Zoom. Optionally, a customized PowerPoint or Excel course can be added for those who would benefit. To learn more…
“Your customers feel before they think”
— Dan Hill